The Brick Township Department of Public Works is located at 836 Ridge Road, Brick, NJ 08724. Public Works is responsible for collection of household waste, recycling and brush, snow removal, street maintenance, grounds maintenance, fleet maintenance, signs, pothole repair, storm drain maintenance and more. Public Works office hours are Monday through Friday, 8am-4pm. Public Works can be reached by phone at 732-451-4060 or by fax at 732-458-0757.
2015 Spring Leaf Collection Schedule
The Department of Public Works will begin spring leaf collection on Monday, April 6. Collection will be done in accordance with the recycling schedule. The schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday Recycling Day - Leaf collection week begins Monday, April 6
- Wednesday Recycling Day - Leaf collection week begins Monday, April 13
- Thursday Recycling Day - Leaf collection week begins Monday, April 20
- Friday Recycling Day - Leaf collection week begins Monday, April 27
- Monday Recycling Day - Leaf collection week begins Monday, May 4
Residents are asked to have your bagged leaves at the curb by 6am on the first day of your collection period. Do not put branches, twigs or other debris in bags. Leaves may also be brought to the Township Recycling Center, Ridge Road, Monday through Saturday, 8am-3:30pm. Leaves can also be brought to the Ocean County Recycling Center, New Hampshire Avenue, Lakewood Twp.
Brick Township Recycling Center
The Brick Township Recycling Center is available for citizens Monday through Saturday, 8am - 3:30pm. The facility is available for citizens to dispose of bulk items, metals and recyclables. Citizens must present proof of residence in the form of a tax bill and drivers license to have access to the facility. No construction materials of any kind will be accepted at the Recycling Center. Citizens may also dispose of brush and vegetative materials at the Recycling Center. The center also distributes mulch at no cost; citizens must load their own vehicles and have a cover for the materials.
Garbage collection starts at 6:30am, Monday - Friday. Automated garbage cans should be placed at the curb no earlier than 24 hours before scheduled pick up, placed no later than 6am of your collection day and removed from the curb by 8am the day following your collection. Automated cans should not be placed within 6 feet of other objects including cars. Please do not put leaves, recyclable materials, brush, branches, construction material, hot embers or household materials in your automated cans.
Visit our Recycling Page for more information.
Bulk, Metal and Brush Collection
Citizens may call 732-451-4060 to schedule a curbside collection of bulk items, metals or brush. Please note that the township no longer offers curbside collection of construction materials of any kind. The following rules apply for collections:
- Sofa beds need to have the metal frame and mattress removed.
- Sliding glass doors must have the glass removed.
- Rugs must be cut in 4 foot sections, rolled and tied and not weigh more than 50lbs.
- Refrigerators must have the doors and freon removed.
- Air conditioners must have the freon removed.
- Washing machines and dryers must have the doors removed.
- Lawn mowers must have oil and gas drained.
- Propane tanks must have valves removed.
- Swing sets must be dismantled and have concrete removed.
- Metal sheds must be dismantled and bundled neatly in small piles.
- Brush must be cut and tied into four foot sections, no thicker than four inches.
Please note: Public Works is not responsible for the removal of items due to change of occupancy (rental, eviction or sale of house).
Automated Garbage Cans
Additional garbage cans are occasionally available for purchase. The cost of an automated garbage can is $60 and must be paid in person in the Township Tax Collector's Office. The can will be delivered to your home. Please call 732-451-4060 to inquire about the availability of automated garbage cans.
Pot Holes and Street Maintenance
To report a pot hole or other street maintenance issue, please call 732-262-4602. Please note that this is only for streets maintained by the Township which are primarily located in residential neighborhoods.
The Department of Public Works provides curbside leaf collection in the spring and fall. Information will be posted on this site, BTV, the Township Facebook page when available.
Hazardous Materials and Tires
The Township of Brick does not collect hazardous materials or tires. For information regarding disposal of hazardous materials or tires please contact the Ocean County Department of Solid Waste Management at 732-506-5047 or visit their website. Please note that the County charges a fee to accept tires.
Winter Weather Tips
Please click here to download an informative guide on Brick Township's Winter Storm Procedures and Policies and how you can help expedite the clearing of township streets.